Tasty, Craft Cocktail Recipes With Taylors of Harrogate Tea
Taylors of Harrogate tea is a premium U.K. brand that focuses efforts on ethical sourcing to ensure the best tea ingredients from around the world. Their mission along with high-quality, premium ingredients make any Taylor’s product an unforgettable cocktail addition. You’ll find that a strong brewed tea has a lot of the same qualities as your typical bitters - it’s aromatic, somewhat earthy and has a strong mouthfeel. Tea is the number 2 most consumed beverage in the world, but was always largely overlooked in the bar until now. Below, we’ve compiled some of our favorite cocktail recipes incorporating Taylors of Harrogate and Yorkshire tea - Check them out below:
More Quick Recipes & Guides
Tipsy Lemonade Iced Tea
- 6 ounces Hot Water
- 4 Tea Bags (Taylor’s English Breakfast or Yorkshire Red)
- 1/4 -1/2 cup Honey or your favorite natural sweetener (more/less to taste)
- 1/4 cup Fever-Tree Sparkling Lemon or Bitter Lemon (more/less to taste)
- 12 ounces Le Citron Vodka or Plain Vodka
- In a large pitcher, steep tea in hot water for 5-10 minutes. Depending on how strong you want it. Mix in honey or sweetener. Chill in the fridge. Stir in lemon juice and vodka. Top with a bunch of ice.
Sweet Tea Bourbon
- 6 cups water
- 4 or 5 black tea bags
- 1/4 cup agave syrup (honey will do too)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup bourbon (depending on how strong you want your cocktail)
- 4 - 6 sliced orange rounds
- 6 sprigs fresh mint
- Bring water to a boil. Turn off water and add black tea bags. Steep tea for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags, place the tea in a large pitcher and let rest in the refrigerator until cold.
- Place agave, bourbon, orange slices and fresh mint in a medium bowl. With the back of a spoon, begin to muddle (or press together) the ingredients. Once the mixture is pressed together, and the flavors are extracted, add the mixture to the pitcher of tea. Stir well. ((Feel free to strain the orange wedges and the mint leaves or keep them for color.
- Fill glasses with ice cubes and pour mixture over.
- Muddle ginger in a shaker. Fill with ice cubes. Add lemon juice, Elderflower Tonic water.
Green Tea Gimlet
Read more: Mixology Monday - Green Tea Gimlet
- 1 ½ oz vodka
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz green tea syrup*
*Green tea syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 green tea bag
- Combine sugar and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Pour into container and steep tea bag in the liquid for 6–7 minutes. Let cool. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Green Tea Mojito
- 1/4 cup of Taylors of Harrogate Green Tea
- 1 part Portobello Road Gin (or gin of your choice)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Splash of simple syrup
- 1 inch cube of diced cucumber
- 8-10 mint leaves
- Splash of soda water
- Build and smuddle all the ingredients together in a Collins glass with crushed ice and garnish with mint sprig and cucumber ribbons.