Linwoods Superfoods Recipes
Linwoods Superfoods are a convenient way to incorporate all-natural blends of nuts, seeds, berries and other nutrients into your overall diet. In addition to oatmeal and smoothies, we’ve put together a variety of creative Linwoods recipes to help you add a wide range of essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals into your everyday lives. Check out our favorite Linwoods recipes below!
Skin Glowing Smoothie
- 1 1/4 cup of almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp of Linwoods Flax, Sunflower, Pumpkin, Sesame Seeds and Goji Berries
- ½ tsp of macha powder
- Toppings – toasted coconut flakes, bee pollen
- Blend everything together until smooth.
- Top with toasted coconut flakes and bee pollen.
Banana & Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup (110g) oat flour (oats ground up into a flour in the food processor - use gluten-free if allergic/intolerant)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 flax egg - 1 tbsp Milled Organic Flaxseed + 3 tbsp hot water
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (around 100g)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk of choice
- 6 tbsp chocolate chips
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp of milled flaxseed with 3 tbsp of hot water. Leave for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl then add in the wet ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Heat 1/2 tsp of coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Wait for the oil to heat up, then spoon 2 tbsp of the mixture for each pancake. Cook for about 1-2 minute, then flip over and cook for another 1 minute.
- Top with more banana, chocolate chips or melted chocolate.
Chocolate Chip and Flaxseed Blondie Brownies
- 2 medium organic eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 cup of almond butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups of good quality dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp of Linwoods milled flax seeds
- Preheat oven 160°C and line a 20cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, almond butter, coconut sugar, baking soda and a pinch of salt until smooth.
- Break 50g of the chocolate into small pieces. Mix the chocolate and flax seeds in with the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes, then leave to cool.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over the cooled brownies.
- Cut into 16 pieces and enjoy!
These will keep for 3 days in an airtight container (but they will probably last 1 minute!)