Skin Glowing Smoothie
300ml of almond milk (unsweetened)
1 frozen banana
1 tbsp of peanut nutter
100g of frozen blueberries
1 tbsp of Linwoods Flax, Sunflower, Pumpkin, Sesame Seeds and Goji Berries
½ tsp of maca powder
Toppings – toasted coconut flakes, bee pollen
Blend everything together until smooth. Top with toasted coconut flakes and bee pollen.
Banana & Chocolate Chip Pancakes
• 1 cup (110g) oat flour (oats ground up into a flour in the food processor - use gluten-free if allergic/intolerant)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 flax egg - 1 tbsp Milled Organic Flaxseed + 3 tbsp hot water
• 1 ripe banana, mashed (around 100g)
• 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
• 1 tbsp maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
• 1/2 cup (120ml) milk of choice
• 6 tbsp chocolate chips
1. Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp of milled flaxseed with 3 tbsp of hot water. Leave for 10-15 minutes to set.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl then add in the wet ingredients. Mix well to combine.
3. Heat 1/2 tsp of coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Wait for the oil to heat up, then spoon 2 tbsp of the mixture for each pancake. Cook for about 1-2 minute, then flip over and cook for another 1 minute.
4. Top with more banana, chocolate chips or melted chocolate.
Squash and Coconut Soup with Toasted Hemp Seeds
1 white onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tbsp of grated ginger
½ red chili, finely chopped
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 medium squash, peeled and chopped
1 can of coconut milk
500ml of fresh chicken or vegetable stock
2 tbsp of Linwoods hemp seeds
2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
Yoghurt to serve - optional
Heat the oil in a large lidded pot, allow it to melt then add the onion and a big pinch of salt, sautee for 7 minutes until golden. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli, stir for 30 seconds then add the squash and another pinch of salt, stir well then pour over the coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, allow this to simmer for 40 minutes with the lid on.
While this is cooking toast the pumpkin and hemp seeds in a dry pan for a few minutes until golden, then leave to the side to cool.
Once the squash is cooked though, puree the soup until smooth. Pour into bowls and top with a swirl of yoghurt, if using, and scatter over the toasted seeds.
Chocolate Chip and Flaxseed Blondie Brownies
2 medium organic eggs
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of cinnamon
175g of almond butter
120g coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
100g of good quality dark chocolate, ( brand -om bar)
2 tbsp of Linwoods milled flax seeds
Preheat oven 160°C and line a 20cm baking tray with baking paper.
Mix the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, almond butter, coconut sugar, baking soda and a pinch of salt until smooth.
Break 50g of the chocolate into small pieces. Mix the chocolate and flax seeds in with the mixture.
Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes, then leave to cool.
Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over the cooled brownies.
Cut into 16 pieces and enjoy!
These will keep for 3 days in an airtight container (but they will probably last 1 minute!)